Information and guidance related to public health services, including mental health and isolation.
We are working as fast as we can to update this page with useful information for you. Please follow @LGAwellbeing for the latest updates and keep checking back.
- Official information
- Other useful information
PHE blog: novel coronavirus - what you need to know (regularly updated)
Chief Coroner guidance on COVID-19 (pdf, 26 March 2020)
- Care and support
Future NHS Better Care Exchange: COVID-19 section (requires log-in)
Please visit the page COVID-19: adult social care and support for a range of resources on adult social care and health.
Find more info on our Test, Trace and local outbreak management page
- Health inequalities
Public Health England (PHE) in collaboration with the LGA, Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH), and NHS England and NHS Improvement, have collated a suite of resources relating to health inequalities and COVID-19 to support place-based approaches to planning and responding to the pandemic, while mitigating against potential impacts on those with the poorest health outcomes:
- COVID-19 place based approach to reducing health inequalities overview
- COVID-19 Summary of Guidance and support for vulnerable groups
- COVID-19 Suggestions for mitigating the impact on health inequalities at a local level
- COVID-19 Health Equity Assessment Tool (HEAT) for local areas
- COVID-19 Data tools to support local areas
- COVID-19 Estimated population at risk by LA
- Health and Wellbeing
- Mental health and wellbeing
Campaign to End Loneliness – ideas to help older people stay connected during self-isolation
Please see the folder titled 'Mental health, mental capacity, isolation and wellbeing on the
NHSE – FAQs on using FFP 3 Respiratory Protective Equipment, (pdf, 20 March 2020)
The BSIF run a Quality Assurance scheme and can assist with questions around PPE offered, fake documentation and products
- Public health services
For more information, please visit our public health page.
- Support for local leaders
More information on our developing support offer for local leaders is available on our website.
- Test, track and local outbreak planning
More information is available on our test, track and local out break plans page.