Useful information for councils on novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
On these pages, you will find guidance and resources from the LGA and our key partners, as well as the latest official Government information relevant to local government.
Key LGA guidance and support
LGA COVID-19 support offer
A summary of our current refocused support offer.
The scale of the challenge that councils are currently facing requires strong, responsive and resilient leadership. We are refocusing our leadership offer so that senior councillors and officers have access to e-learning resources and the ability to share their experiences with their peers.
Latest COVID-19 related publications
- COVID-19: a leadership workbook for cabinet members
- Councillor guidance on emergency response structures
- Key questions and issues for finance portfolio holders during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Changes to local authority powers and duties resulting from the Coronavirus Act
Latest LGA news releases and responses
Our latest media lines related to coronavirus.
Latest LGA briefings and responses
COVID-19 cases data from LG Inform
- Local authority report (for a selected local authority (district, county or single tier) and group for comparison)
- England overview report (including the top ten councils)
- COVID-19 and care homes report (for a selected authority and comparison group)
Government information and support
- Our plan to rebuild’ - official COVID-19 recovery strategy
- COVID-19 guidance for local government
- MHCLG Local Digital Collaboration Unit: responding to the COVID-19 outbreak